Just jotting down scoring or strategy notes on doom 2016 arcade...
- 1 kill can be made into 2 medals e.g. Direct Hit + Stunned
- Glory Kill + Stunned is achieved via chainsaw proof
- chaining kills for multiplier is one thing, chaining medals together is totally separate with its own algorithm/multiplier (needs research)
- need to investigate medal chain decay time. ~15 seconds and reset to 0 upon damage? reset to 0 upon kill? reset to 0 upon obtaining a medal?
- dont rush to the exit until your medal chain decays and awards your points (untested if it awards the points on exit but for now why risk it)
- there are no points for speed, aside from potential lost points from letting multiplier decay
- there are no points for end-of-level "Badges", I dunno wtf those are for
- Armored Offensive rune is critical, the extra armor drops add to your multiplier
- Blood Fueled is critical, faster speed means less multiplier decay
- cutscenes, elevators and so on will pause multiplier decay
- multi-kill medal is perhaps detrimental? getting 1 medal for killing multiple enemies is inferior to getting 2 medals for each enemy [presuming all medals are equal value]
- therefore barrel/relic explosions are best saved for lone enemies or until after enemies are milked for medals
- getting hit is a major penalty to multiplier decay
- exploding barrels count give a minor boost to multiplier time
- dont fuckin die