Plasma is used effectively in generally these ways:
(1) up close, to inflict a relatively quick death.
(2) meduim range, in repeated waves that trap and kill
(3) medium-to-long range, in long, trapping waves
(4) using distance silencing down a long hallway or across an open area into an enclosed area. It is very similar to rocket launcher use in this manner, except there is no proximity damage.
(5) Brief firing of it around corners (its value in this is limited though, in that the plasma balls impact easily on doorframes and edges of intersecting walls).
It is next to impossible to practice plasma work at the intermediete level outside of a real deathmatch, so...play people and use it.
Return to the Specific Weapons Techniques Page